CITY HEALTH OFFICE
An Agency under the Local Government of Gingoog responsible for making health services accessible, available, acceptable, and affordable to its constituents by providing adequate resources- health human resources, health facilities, and health financing.
News and Updates
1. Animal Bite Center
2. Dental Service
3. Death Registration/Certificate and Burial/Transfer Permit Issuance
4. Diabetes Screening
5. Expanded Program on Immunization
6. Family Planning Service
7. Health Card/Certificate Issuance
8. Laboratory Service: Hematology, Clinical Microscopy/Parasitology
9. Laboratory Service: Bacteriology
10. Laboratory Service: Blood Chemistry
11. Laboratory Service: Serology/Immunology
12. Maternity and Child Care Service (City Family Health Center)
13. Medical Certificate Issuance
14. Newborn Screening (NBS)
15. Out Patient Consultation (General Consultation)
16. Out Patient TB Consultation
17. Pharmacy Services
18. Philhealth LGU Sponsored Health Insurance
19. Pre-natal Service
20. Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening
21. Sanitary Permit Issuance
Elevating the quality of life for the people through effective and efficient health care, education and services shall be the primary concern of the City Health Office of Gingoog City.
The City Health Office of Gingoog City is Committed to providing accessible, affordable, effective health services for all, through a strong partnership with NGO’s, GO’s, and LGU’s as well as improved interagency collaborative efforts and health insurance programs for indigent people to contribute to the building of healthy, productive and prosperous community.
Recent Awards and Recognitions
- National Citation as National Qualifier for Consistent Regional Outstanding Winner in Nutrition (CROWN) Maintenance Award
- City Government of Gingoog 120th Philippine Civil Service Anniversary 5S Competition BRONZE AWARD
Highlights on 2020 Programs and Projects
- Approved 3 Million Budget under the 20% Development Fund to complete MCP(Birthing Facility) Brgy Kalipay and Brgy. San Miguel. (For Implementation this year)
- Repair and renovation of old CHO building roofing amounting 1.6 Million
- Increased honorarium for BHW and BNS from 1,300 to 2,000 per month.
- Additional 110 BHWs to augment the existing 350 BHWs for the entire Gingoog.
- Increased budget for Anti Rabies Program from 377,000.00 to 1.030.000.00. This is to increase the number of anti-rabies vaccines.
- Purchase of Service Vehicle for City Health Office (Ford Ranger)
- Additional Medical Equipment for laboratory (Hematology Machine), this is to increase laboratory service capacity.
- Increased budget for Person with Disability Program from 30,000.00 to 500,000.00. this is to provide ample budget for all activities that will address various needs of our person with disabilities.
- Allocated 3,010,000.00 budget for Senior Citizen Program. This is for the purchase of Medicines.
On Covid 19 response
- Establishment of City Isolation Facilities for COVID 18 Response at Barangay Pangasihan and Barangay San Juan. These facilities are DOH approved
- City Isolation Unit Pangasihan is the designated Ligtas COVID Center of Gingoog City. It has 15 beds capacity designed to cater asymptomatic confirmed positive and mild cases.
- Establishment of Isolation Facilities for frontliners situated at Barangay San Juan. The old Badiagon Training Center was renovated to become a COVID 19 isolation unit.
- Hotels and Resorts in Gingoog were utilized by LGU as quarantine facilities for all our returning OFWs.
- Public schools in Gingoog City were utilized by the LGU as quarantine facilities for Locally Stranded Individuals.
- Holding and Triaging Area with Rapid Diagnostic Testing Booth was established at CIU Pangasihan this is to facilitate efficient triaging and testing procedures.
Annual Malaria Border Operation Sustaining Malaria Free Gingoog City: Rapid Diagnostic Test was done for case finding and disease surveillance in Barangay Eureka one of the border barangay of Gingoog. (Photo – Almyr Cabag)
Annual Malaria Border Operation Sustaining Malaria Free Gingoog City: Intensive Information and Education Campaign was done to teach people about infection control and prevention. (Photo-Almyr CAbag
Annual Malaria Border Operation Sustaining Malaria Free Gingoog City: Free Medical Consultation is provided during malaria border operation. (Photo-Almyr Cabag)
Determined To Fight POLIO: City Health Personnel with their charming smiles, an expression that POLIO is indeed can be eradicated. (Photo-Almyr Cabag)
GINGOOG CITY CELEBRATES WORLD RABIES DAY 2020: The highlight of this year’s celebration was rabies program update and action planning to address the identified gaps in program implementation. (Photo-Portia Cloma)
Laban Lang Pose!: Dr Grace Jadol, City Health Officer strike a pose with the DOH Licensing Evaluation Team and CHO personnel during the site inspection of City Isolation Facility situated at Barangay Bangasihan (Photo-HRH Gingoog)
Engaging the Fight Against Covid 19: Setting up an Isolation Facility equipped with all the licensing requirements by the Department of Health is an that Gingoog City is ready in the fight against COVID 19 (Photo-HRH Gingoog)
LOCAL HEALTH BOARD: is responsible for coordinating public health activities in the city. Dr. Grace Jadol the City Health Officer presenting the updates on the city status on COVID 19 (Photo- Jason Gadrinab)
Esther Mofar, Development Management Officer of Department of Health Region X discussing to the members of the Local Health Board regarding on the referral system on COVID cases. (Photo Jason Gadrinab)
TEST,TRACE,TREAT A DAY IN CITY ISOLATION FACILITY: Intensifying LGU Testing capability will consequently reduce the effect of COVID 19 in the economic wellbeing of every Gingoognons, Through testing we can be able to locate, isolate and care those who are sick, this is to keep our community safe. (Photo-HRH Gingoog)
Mayor Erick G. Cañosa addressing to the members of the Local Health Board. (Photo-Jason Gadrinab)
GINGOOG CITY HEALTH OFFICE
Tel. CHO Admin: (088) 861-0567
CHO Laboratory:(088) 862-2793,
City Family Health Center:(088) 861-0797
Email: [email protected]
Rizal St. Barangay 15, 9014 Gingoog City